Remember our exclusive interview with Black aka Colin Vearncombe back in March? He mentioned playing in Turkey shortly afterwards. And he did. To show how special those nights were Black conducted a video presenting highlights and backstage footage of the gigs. That’s cool. But even cooler is the fact that fans, so maybe you, could send their own video clips and find them included in the video…
So why not checking if you’re in there? The video after the jump/below.
(Video by colinvearncombe)
Another great idea of supporting and involving fans. Black did it twice so far. His latest album’s (“Any Colour You Like”) tracklist was chosen by fans. And as he said in our interview, he was suprised and glad about what they decided to include. Here’s a review of the album as well as the tracklist.
1. Istanbul is the only city in the world located on two continents, Asia and Europe. Founded in 659 B.C. It was the capital of the Eastern Roman Byzantine and Ottoman Empires since 330 A.D.
2. Leonardo da Vinci drew designs for a bridge over the Golden Horn, the historic inlet of the river Bosphorus dividing the city of Istanbul and forming the natural harbor. The bridge was never built. But there’s one other – at least…
3. There are two suspension bridges on the Bosphorus Strait connecting Europe to Asia. And a third one is planned.
4. Istanbul was founded on Seven Hills like Rome.
5. Istanbul was the European Cultural Capital City in 2010.
6. Black tweeted from Istanbul.
Istanbul audience intensely passionate .Crazy night want to cone back heartfelt thanks—
colin vearncombe (@cvblack) March 22, 2012
Did your footage made it into the video “Black Live in Turkey 2012”? Feel free to leave your credits below.