Some songs are not about what people think they are. Dido’s “Don’t Leave Home” is such a song. It’s from her second album “Life For Rent” and most people consider it a lovesong. It’s not. It’s about drugs. “Don’t Leave Home” shows how carefully British singer Dido is writing her lyrics and melodies. The latter most of the time as sweet as possible. The words sometimes very heavy. The music world missed her. But now she’s back.
It’s her new album “Girl Who Got Away” that actually puts her back into the spotlight. It will be out in March, so the transatlantic diablog gives you a roun-up of what we know so far.
(Video by Dido)
3. There will be a deluxe edition of the record. It includes a special remix of “No Freedom”. Listen here.
4. In December 2012 Dido performed a few new and old songs at London’s famous Abbey Road Studios. Here’s “Quiet Times”.
5. And “here’s Dido chatting about the new album”. Video.
6. Here’s another song from the new album: “Let Us Move On”, feat. Kendrick Lamar.
7. And finally the third new song. Here’s “Blackbird”.[tweet https://twitter.com/didoofficial/status/297321806933676032]
Did we miss any news? Tell us below, please…